Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Resolution or Two




Now that I am full up of dining room furniture, we might as well use it.


Andrew was dropped on his head. He thinks that our life somehow is reflected in the picture to the left. I don't get it at all. If I make a turkey or a chicken, he insists that it be carved at the table. He's been at this since he was about four years old.
Sunday comes every so often so I said to Andrew a few days back, "Hey, do you want to eat your Sunday dinner in the dining room?" Of course he did. So that is exactly what we'll do and that leads me to my first of two food related resolutions for 2010.
1. We will eat Sunday dinner in the dining room. Maybe not every Sunday, but how about 3 out of every 4?
2. I will have dinner parties. I will throw at least two dinner parties every month. I will invite scintillating folks to eat with us and regale us with stories of their travels to Uzbekistan or ex-spouses or illegitimate children. I'd like to hear it all. In fact, if you've spent time in a Turkish prison and are free on a Friday or Saturday night in 2010, let me know as soon as practicable. Are you an expert on Medieval monkish manucripts? Call me. Are you an expert on Indigineous peoples of the Alaskan Aleutian Islands? Let me know if Friday or Saturday will work.
There you have it. Last year, I was trying very hard not to swear so much. I've done fairly well, except on days that end in "Y."
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get dinner on the table.


No comments: