Thursday, February 4, 2010

13?

A&P are 13 today. Actually, they will be 13 at 6:00pm and 6:03pm respectively, but I won't be picky.

They're taller than me, but I still hold the record on mouthy, I think. Andrew told me in the car on the way home from the orthodontist the other day that he was "pissed" about something. And so it goes- you're taller than me and now you talk like a drunken sailor.

I could spend today thinking about all the ways that I've screwed up in the last 13 years- letting them roll off the ottoman and feeding them bacon. We let them watch "The Simpsons" too early and they play too much Xbox. Neither of them can spell worth a hoot and I'm sure that's my fault.

One day about 8 years ago I finally got over the fact that A&P were twins and they were here to stay. After a long day of negotiating with gypsies to take them off my hands, I finally gave up. Those gypsies are smart. They knew A&P would turn 13 some day.

So today we'll have loads of chocolate cake and various forms of deep fried sea food when we go out for dinner. We'll have presents and singing and then tomorrow it's down to business. What on earth do you do with a pair of 13 year olds? Surely it's different than when they were 12. I wonder if they've figured out that I make this up as I go along yet?

No comments: