Or is that Camp-out Let-down? The words seem to work either way.
Friday went like this:
- Kids to school
- Post to blog
- Go to work
- Try to work
- Pace office like caged animal
- Sit in meeting for 2 hours and nearly forget to worry while actually working
- Husband calls
- Commence two-times double parental worrying
- Snow starts
- Snows more
- Worry more
- Need ketchup packets- DARNIT!
- Feed kids home from school- could be last warm meal for two days
- Still snowing and we have to leave in 15 minutes
- Phone rings
- Crazy camp-out cancelled due to 14 inches of forecasted snow and unsafe driving
- Overtaken by disbelief while staring at a week's worth of accumulated gear and two boys dressed up like the Stay-Puff Marshmallow Man
- Flop on couch in relief
- A&P back to XBox- I suggest camping on the deck? I am summarily rejected.
- Phone rings- will reschedule! Maybe next weekend?
- More worry, forecasted temperatures well below zero
- Dodging bullet now feels like postponed execution
- Snowed in on Saturday-whole world is cancelled
- Car got stuck retreiving A&P from sledding hill
Disclaimer... the following is not a comment on my state of mind, physical fatigue (where is the freaking %^$&#* plow guy and why doesn't he return phone calls?), mental fatigue and an available bottle of vodka. It's just a drink. And it's all mine...
Whose idea was this anyway?