Thursday, March 5, 2009

For Me? An Award


I found a surprise earlier this week from The Pink Cowboy.

"This award acknowledges the values that every Blogger displays in their effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values with each message they write. Awards like this have been created with the intention of promoting community among Bloggers. It’s a way to show appreciation and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web.”

I am surprised and humbled and offer my thanks- Thanks Mucho!
As a recipient I must pass it along to others. I've polished my wand, fixed a round of martinis and ....drumroll...

The Cowboy Chronicles Cowgirl Shonda cracks me up. I appreciate her ability to cram conversation and cussing into effervescent posts that make me wonder what she does out on the range when those kids are otherwise occupied.


Mewsings, Feline & Other Terri supports my vodka swilling by posting drink recipes and she rolled over and went back to bed on her birthday. She's my favorite online cat person. I'm glad she's online because the kitties would make me sneeze. A-Choo!


My Thoughts Exactly Sparky always has an opinion. I like opinions and I like to argue. Are you objecting to that? Do you want to come a little closer and fight about it? Hmm, I thought not. I could totally take you and so can Sparky. She's got a bike and I bet she's got a knife in her sock and there's not a thing wrong with that.


So thank you very much Mr. Pink Cowboy. I drank your martini, shall I make you another?

4 comments:

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Jennifer!

Thank you so much for thinking me worthy of this award! I like the thoughts behind i,t and what it means to try and transmit a bit of myself with each message I write. Sometimes I wish I could blog full-time and really open up...but I have come to like the journal feel of it and more, come to value and enjoy the people I meet along the way.

I do hope it does what you say, adds value to the web, because I certainly value the bloggers I follow...and now have to go visit the other recipients and that's something to look forward to!

Purrs,

Teri and those mewling cats

Shonda Little said...

Awwwww.....thank you! Like Terri, I value the blogging world. In fact, I wish I could just live in it all the time. Tell me how I can display this on my site because I don't really know how to do that. LOl

Sparky said...

OMG, OMG, OMG ... you so deserve this! You're blog is way funnier than mine but I don't have to deal with twin boys. Humor probably helps keep you from going over the edge ... ha ha I'm really surprised you don't have a row of awards by now. Awards fit so much better than a straight-jacket. :o)

Aw, well now I have to think! And me with Writer's Block this week. Thanks so much for the kind words dawlink. [heavy south Gawga accent and fanning self so as not to faint] I'm mellow after that martini. [hic] Next time the round of drinks are on me. I'm a rum and coke kinda gal. :o) [hic] I'll post this on my blog fer shure!
Stay warm! It's almost Spring. ♥ ∞

Unknown said...

Hey there Shonda, it's pretty easy to get this up on your site. If you save the award as a picture then you can load it right onto your post. You should also be able to cut and paste the paragraph about the award onto your site as well. Good Luck!