This is what she does for me:
- Gives me pens so I don't have to write in crayon
- Sends my mail so I don't have to walk to the mailbox
- Writes my letters so I don't sound stupid
- Guards my calendar like a mama bear
- Force feeds me chocolate first thing in the morning
- Talks to my husband about what's for dinner
- Puts up with my mood swings and violent outbursts (OK, no she is not abused, don't even go trying to steal her from me)
- Makes me smile every day
Let's pretend money and time are no object. This is the day I would plan for her...
- Donuts from Wixey's
- Shopping at her favorite stores including the smelly soap place- can't remember what they call it
- A spa visit of some sort. Someone has to massage the stress of working with me out of her poor neck.
- Lunch at the Mexican place on the river because its her favorite even though it's not my favorite. That's OK. It's her day and I won't complain- not one bit.
- Dessert. We will get 4 kinds of dessert and spread them out and eat them all afternoon while letting the phone ring off the hook.
- We'll need a nap.
- Then I'd give her the "I'm surrounded by idiots" button even though it's sold out and I'd have to pay $500 for it on EBay
- We'll be hungry and thirsty by laughing at the button so it will be back out for margarita's and some dancing. Yes, I will dance too. It will be dark so don't worry, no one will see.
- We'll stay out late even though we know it will be hard to get up in the morning. Once a year we're allowed.
Thank you for everything you do for me. I am the luckiest person and I don't think you know how much I value your thoughts, work and just being you. I am so proud of you and I hope that you know this every day and not just the once a year that we think about it.
So, can you pick up some donuts tomorrow?